Our requirements are outlined below:
- Referring URLs must be provided for every publisher click.
- Referrers associated with publisher traffic must indicate the absolute full URL of the page where the user originated the action that drove them to the merchant landing page.
- Absolute full URLs must be provided regardless of HTTP or HTTPS protocol (not only the domain).
- URLs must match the URL of the originating action (upstream source).
- URLs should not represent an intermediary URL (click tracking URLs, interstitial landing pages, etc).
Recommendations that may help:
- Redirects should be server-side. Both 301 and 302 redirects keep the original referring URL intact.
- Do not shorten, modify, mask or otherwise obfuscate the original click referring URL.
- Ensure that cross-origin requests are from HTTPS to HTTPS or HTTP to HTTP.
- Ensure Referrer-Policy is set to pass original click referring URL.
- Be sure to review settings for no-referrer-when-downgrade.