Streamline Monetizable Product Links
The Connexity Deep Link Generator enables publishers to easily monetize product offerings directly from their browser without having to navigate through complex product data. The browser extension is a convenient tool that gives you access to your active retailers, easily generates a “deep link” from any retailer page, and provides an estimated earnings, all from your browser’s toolbar.
Video instructions can also be found here.
Why Use Deep Linking
The major benefit of deep linking is publisher teams can monetize a greater portion of a retailer's site, increasing a publishers potential earnings. Deep links direct readers to other retail landing pages, like sales or seasonal promotions, not just specific product offers.
Use the Deep Link Extension to:
- Easily create deep links directly with your web browser on any participating retailer page. No more long, complicated URLS
- See your estimated rates for participating retailers - Quick access to rates so you can better understand your earnings
- Simplify and improve tracking that will help optimize campaigns, and provides more granular performance data
- Install - Once you “Add to Chrome” from the Google Chrome Store the extension should appear in your toolbar.
- Launch - Launch the extension, validate your credentials in “Extension Options” and enter your Connexity Publisher ID and API key. This information is found in your Publisher Portal under APIs and Tools.
For Campaign and Placement ID fields, enter a placeholder value (e.g. 1, etc.) that you will update before using the link in the next step.
Enter your Publisher ID and API key
Campaign IDs are used for publisher's internal tracking purposes. Placement IDs are used so Connexity is able to identify unique traffic sources and price accordingly.
- Generate Links - While on a participating retailer page, click on the extension to generate a deep link. Copy the deep link into an editor and replace your placeholder values (from previous step) with the applicable Campaign and Placement IDs. Campaign and Placement IDs are unique to your own traffic source setup.
Copy the link to a text editor to change placeholder values
Once updated the link is ready to use in your content
Your link is now ready to use.
Tracking parameters are essential to ensure a streamlined optimization strategy. Placement ID specifically is how our system prices your traffic and a highly recommended parameter to implement within your unique tracking link.